[R] running many different regressions

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 20 23:02:55 CEST 2009

--- On Sun, 9/20/09, Wensui Liu <liuwensui at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Wensui Liu <liuwensui at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [R] running many different regressions
> To: "Gabor Grothendieck" <ggrothendieck at gmail.com>
> Cc: R-help at r-project.org
> should chicken be blamed by the
> people allergic by eggs?

It's more like : Don't give matches to a child.

The problem that Gabor is pointing out is that a new R user may not recognize what that rm  command was going to do and paste it into R to see what happens.  And then KABLOOIE.

It's particularly dangerous right now as schools in much of the Northern Hemisphere are starting up and we are likely be be getting a lot of very new 'new users'.