[R] Suppressing script commands in R console when executing long program

Ishwor ishwor.gurung at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 18:05:14 CEST 2009

Hi Duncan

>> You can try putting this in your Rprofile
>> options("keep.source=F")
>>
>> This will work in the R cmd but it will not work in the RGui
>>

> The syntax is wrong there:  that should be options(keep.source=F).  But I
> don't think it addresses either question.

I was working from my memory here. Glad you pointed out Duncan :-)

> The normal way to execute a script from the console is source("filename.R"),
> which by default doesn't echo.

options(keep.source=F)
options(echo=F)
in RProf. Then doing "R CMD -f <filename.r>" (in the shell without ")
does it for me but perhaps Duncan's answer is more 'standard' R-ish
way of doing it (i.e., source('filename.R') )

--
Regards,
Ishwor Gurung