[R] lattice: How to display no box but only a y-axis on the left + Thicker lines

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 15:06:22 CEST 2009

No box is easy,

bwplot(y~x, data=data.frame(y=rnorm(10),x=sample(letters[1:3],10,repl=T)),
par.settings=list(axis.line=list(col=NA)))

but that seems to remove all axis lines and ticks as well. You may
have to define a custom panel.axis() function.

An alternative is to use grid.remove() to remove the frame,
bwplot(y~x, data=data.frame(y=rnorm(10),x=sample(letters[1:3],10,repl=T)))
grid.remove("rect",grep=T,global=TRUE)

HTH,

baptiste