[R] latex code in R -> convert to pdf

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Thu Sep 17 10:31:22 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:08:57AM +0200, Philipp Pagel wrote:

> > is it possible to convert latex code to pdf in R (like a
> > latex-program would do it)?
> > Is there a package that comes with this capabilities?
> >

> > My problem is that I want to generate tables automatically -
> > and I can't use a latex editor at that computer ...
> >

> > Besides latex ... are there good ways to generate tables in R?
>
> Have a look at Sweave and xtable - I think that's what you want.

Charlies post made me aware that by "latex editor" you may mean that
there is no LaTeX installation on your machine. In that case Sweave
and xtable will obviously be of little use. If you have Openoffice on
that computer package odfWeave may be the solution. If openoffice is
not available, either, maybe package HTMLUtils would be another option
(I haven't used it so far, so I may be wrong here).

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik