[R] comma as decimal separator in xtable

Jakson A. Aquino jaksonaquino at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:50:57 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 07:11:46AM +0200, Schalk Heunis wrote:
> This might be of help, first applies the formatting:print(xtable(prettyNum(d,
> decimal.mark=",")))

Thanks! Your solution works for the example that I gave.
However, I failed to provide an example that really represent my
problem because I'm passing a lm object to xtable.

Currently, I'm using the following function, which also puts the
table header in bold font:

tabprint <- function(x, ...) {
  colsani <- function(x){paste("{\\bf ", x, "}", sep = "")}
  p <- capture.output(print(x, caption.placement = "top",
        sanitize.colnames.function = colsani, ...))
  writeLines(p, "/tmp/xtableOutPut")
  system("sed -i -e 's/\\([0-9]\\)\\.\\([0-9]\\)/\\1,\\2/g' /tmp/xtableOutPut")
  p <- readLines("/tmp/xtableOutPut")
  cat(p, sep = "\n")
}

tabprint(xtable(lm.model))

I could call gsub() if I knew the perl regular expression
equivalent to the sed one that I'm using.