[R] best method to format output of frequency table

esawdust landon at 360vl.com
Tue Sep 15 23:50:05 CEST 2009

I have some security alert log data that I'm parsing and doing some stats on.
One of the fields is the "Classtype" which is the enumerated value of the
type of alert found.

classtypes = factor( alerts$Classtype )
fclass_types = table( classtypes )

fclass_types gives me a frequency table of the intrusion types:

fclass_types
classtypes
                                  attempted-admin          attempted-recon
                      18                       93                       35
          attempted-user            misc-activity              misc-attack
                      21                       30                       12
 protocol-command-decode        unsuccessful-user web-application-activity
                       2                        2                      287

I would like to be able to somehow output this table in the form:

attempted-admin  93
attempted-recon   35
attempted-user    21
misc-activity       30

and so on.   Is there a function I'm missing or some option that will let me
be able to dump the fclass_types out in a two-column format?

Thanks for any tips,

Landon