[R] plot sin wave and fft

Randall A. Blake rab at uslex.net
Wed Sep 16 04:35:36 CEST 2009

I am reading John R. Pierce's An Introduction to Information Theory and read
that any wave can be decomposed into simple sin waves by means of a Fourier
analysis.  I would like to play with the idea a little and want to plot a
couple simple sin waves in R; add them together as if they were being
transmitted simultaneously over a single wire; and then "decompose" the
aggregate signal back into its components using a FFT (I suppose).  Can
anyone point me to a tutorial which would get me going on this project?

Thanks, RAB