[R] Questions on pareto

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Sep 15 21:48:56 CEST 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 1:09 PM, TsubasaZero wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had generated 1000 random variates (u,v), and I would like to find
> the
> corresponding (x,y) for a bivariate pareto distribution. Which
> x=inverse
> pareto of u and y=inverse pareto of v.
>
> What is the code I should use to find (x,y).

Perhaps:

??"Pareto"

On my machine it offers a choice of two packages (actuar and VGAM)
that offer
Pareto functions. But ?? only searches installed packages, so this
would be
more general:

 > library(sos)
 > ???Pareto
retrieving page 1:
  found 187 matches; retrieving 10 pages
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Or the old fashioned way with r-search... hint: put it on your browser
toolbar:

http://search.r-project.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=pareto&max=100&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=functions&idxname=Rhelp08&idxname=views

--
David Winsemius, MD