[R] 64-bit OSX binary for 2.9.2

Mon Sep 14 17:59:25 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sep 14, 2009, at 11:44 AM, ivo welch wrote:

> dear R wizards:  I am looking for a binary package distribution of R
> 2.9.2
> for OSX .  Looking at http://r.research.att.com/ , there seems to be
> only a
> binary for 2.9.0 .  is the 2.9.2 version binary package available
> somewhere?   (at this point, would it make sense to elevate the 64-bit
> version to a "standard recommended" rather than just a "boutique"
> version?)

There isn't a *.pkg / *.dmg install for it, but it's there. In this
section:

Universal nightly builds for Mac OS X (10.4 Tiger and 10.5 Leopard)

Third row in the table:

http://r.research.att.com/R-2.9-branch-leopard-universal.tar.gz

You have to inflate it at the root of your HD. The text right below
the d/l table tells you how to do that:

"""Alternatively you can use the tar-ball (*.tar.gz) which must be
unpacked in the root (e.g. tar fvxz R*.tar.gz -C /), but doesn't
contain the GUI (see below for a separate download)."""

You'll have to install the R.app GUI separately if you want to use the
2.9.2 install, otherwise I think the 2.9.0 *.pkg installer includes
it, though I'm not sure.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou