[R] constrOptim parameters

Ravi Varadhan RVaradhan at jhmi.edu
Fri Sep 11 22:47:09 CEST 2009

Ivo,

Do you only have "box" constraints, i.e. upper and lower bounds on the
parameters themselves?  If so, you do not need to use `constrOptim'.  You
could use "L-BFGS-B" in `optim' or `nlminb' or `spg'.

You are mistaken about how `ui' is set up.  It should be a matrix with
dimension, Ni x p, where Ni is the number of inequality constraints and p is
the number of parameters.  So, in your case it should be a 2N x N matrix.

Read the help carefully.

Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu