[R] Alternative to Scale Function?

Noah Silverman noah at smartmediacorp.com
Fri Sep 11 22:46:10 CEST 2009

I think I just answered my own question.

The scale function will return the mean and sd of the data.

So the process is fairly simple.
scale training data varaible
note mean and sd from the scale
then manually scale the test data using the mean and sd from the
training data.

That should make sure that a value is transformed the same regardless of
which data set it is in.

Do I have this correct, or can anybody contribute any more to the concept?

Thanks!

--
Noah