[R] Issue displaying DATES on a plot with two ordinates

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Sep 11 13:50:38 CEST 2009

Hi Clair,
Good one for pointing out that dates on the x-axis are messy (and for
bringing my mistake in the coloring of the ordinates to my attention).
Attached is a revised version of the function that will be in the next
version of plotrix. Try this:

twoord.plot(x.Left, y.Left, x.Right, y.Right, xlab="Date",
  ylab="Trend 1",rylab="Trend 2", lwd=2,lcol='blue',
  xtickpos=x.Right[c(1,4)],xticklab=format(x.Right[c(1,4)]))

Jim