[R] Color index in image function

Schalk Heunis schalk.heunis at enerweb.co.za
Sun Sep 6 17:41:14 CEST 2009

By default the z-values are split into equal ranges to match the
number of colors.  The first color is then for first interval from
min(z) etc.  Look at the code for image.default for clarity - there
seems to be some influence from the "oldstyle" parameter.  If you want
to be 100% sure about which colors match which range, consider
specifying the ranges in "breaks".

Schalk Heunis