[R] Problems with Boxplot

gug guygreen at netvigator.com
Sat Sep 5 04:59:41 CEST 2009

Hi Petr,

Thanks for these comments.

I'm sorry that my post was not clear.  I was referring to the questions in
my original post/code/file uploads, but I had forgotten to include an
updated file (now attached
http://www.nabble.com/file/p25304663/Post%2Btrial%2Bdata.csv
Post+trial+data.csv ) to work with the new code:

testdata<- c("C:\\Files\\R\\Sample R code\\Post trial data.csv")
new_data<- read.table(testdata, skip = 0, sep = ",", na.strings =
"na",header = TRUE)
x11(width=16, height=7, pointsize=14)
boxplot(new_data,outline = FALSE, col = c("lightblue", "salmon"), las =1,
boxwex = 0.5)
legend("top", c("Label for blue boxes","Label for red boxes"), cex=1.5,
lty=1:2, fill=c("lightblue", "salmon"), bty="n");
title(main="Chart title text", cex.main = 1.8)
grid()

I'm still not clear how I can get the number format showing #,###.  E.g.
with this code and attached file, the scale shows as "2000", "10000" etc.  I
don't know how to show 2,000..... 10,000 etc.  I have looked through sprintf
(thanks for suggesting that - I'd spent hours looking without finding it)
and it seems incredibly flexible, but the formats shown are more scientific
in focus.  I still haven't been able to find a way of getting a "comma
style".

Thanks again

Guy