[R] DOE in R?

B_miner b_miner at live.com
Fri Sep 4 02:38:55 CEST 2009

Hello!

This is not a topic I am well versed in but required to become well versed
in...I welcome any assistance!

Using R, I want to create an optimal design for an experiment. I'll be
analyzing the results with logistic regression or some generalized linear
model. I am thinking that the algdesign package can help (but no idea where
to start?).

I'm presenting an example here that I have seen the answer to (in SAS) in
order to make sure I would have gotten it *right*.

There are 5 factors: 4 are quantitative with three levels each and 1 is
qualitative with two levels.

Factor and levels:

Intro: 0, 1.99, 2.99
Duration: 6, 9 ,12
GOTO: 3.99, 4.99, 5.99
Fee: 0, 15, 45
Color: Red, White

In order to screen these factors, I would want to get a design where I could
evaluate all main effects, all first order interactions and the squared
terms of Intro, Duration, GOTO and FEE (for example Intro*Intro).

Looking for the D-optimal design.

Is this something that  R can provide?

These are, according to the SAS paper I read the following:
Obs intro duration goto fee color
1 0.00 6 3.99 0 WHITE
2 0.00 6 3.99 45 RED
3 0.00 6 5.99 0 RED