[R] Calling R from a Perl script: much slower?

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 19:57:27 CEST 2009

What operating system are you running under?  You should take a look
at the R process and see how much time it is using to see if there is
a difference in the CPU time.  Are you paging?  Exactly how are you
invoking the R script?  Why are you using the GUI instead of Rterm?
You might try to run Rprof on the code to see if there are
differences.  Are you sure you are running exactly the same data in
both cases?