[R] diff of two timestamps

sugo ieyasu at sugimoto.at
Thu Sep 3 01:50:48 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have the following problem: I have a csv-file consisting of timestamp
values (no dates), e.g.:
Timestamp1;Timestamp2;
05:24:43;05:25:05;
15:47:02;15:47:22;
18:36:05;18:36:24;
15:21:24;15:22:04;

I need a vector with the difference of the two timestamps, so I read the
data with the read.csv-function:
myObj <- read.csv("file.csv",header=TRUE,sep=";").

I have then tried unsuccessfully to convert the data to time format (e.g.
using the strptime function like date1 <-
strptime(myObj[0],format="%H:%M:%S")) to be able to perform a datediff
operation.

I would be very grateful if anybody could give me some assistance.

Thanks in advance,
Ieyasu