[R] Avoiding loops

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 16:35:23 CEST 2009

If you can do it- try a for loop and another solution to prove this to
yourself.  A for loop can get a little unwieldy for a novice like me
to understand the code, but doable.  The simpler the better, but they
are not terribly slow.  I have run into a couple of situations where a
vectorized solution presented itself, but if not, for loops are fine
with me.
my $0.02

Stephen