[R] Simple question about error on CSV import

esawdust landon at 360vl.com
Tue Sep 1 17:52:49 CEST 2009

I have a substantial CSV to import but can't seem to import even the
simplest CSV.

I'm running the latest stable REvolution R on OS X if that is pertinent.

Here's the contents of a simple test2.csv CSV file:

#,Status,Project
5842,New,Test

> snortalerts = read.table( "/Users/lcox/Documents/test2.csv", header=TRUE,
> sep=",", row.names="#")
Error in data[[rowvar]] : attempt to select less than one element

I can't see how it could get any more simple, yet it doesn't work.  I'm
obviously missing something basic, but based on the error, I can't see what
it is.

Landon