[R] R crashes

cls59 chuck at sharpsteen.net
Fri Oct 30 17:17:09 CET 2009

premmad wrote:

> Windows XP 32 bit machine.
> allocated 2gb as memory for R 2.9.2
> data  will be 20mb and was running calculations on the data .
> but the r crashes with out any warning or so.

Ahh, well 20 MB is not huge data for R, so there should be no problem with
processing it. The pertinent questions now are:

  * What does your data look like? A small representational sample will
suffice, preferably something that can be copied out of an email and pasted
into R.

  * What operations are you running when R crashes? In your first post you
mentioned "R crashes frequently"-- does this happen with many different data
sets, but the same operations?

If you could provide us the data and functions that are being executed just
prior to the crash, then we may be able to help. But without a reproducible
example to test on our own machines, as suggested by the posting guide for
this mailing list, there is really nothing we can do to help with your
problem.

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen