[R] Bezier interpolation

Tim Clark mudiver1200 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 09:54:54 CET 2009

Dear List,

I am trying to interpolate animal tracking data using Bezier curves.  I need a function similar to spline() or approx() but that has a method Bezier.  I have tried xspline() but it does not allow you to set the number of points to interpolate between a given interval (n points between min(x) and max(x)).  Mark Hindell asked the same question in 2006 (http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/help/06/12/7034.html).  I contacted him and he never found a workable function.  Has one been developed since then?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Clark
Department of Zoology