[R] New variables "remember" how they were created?

Adaikalavan Ramasamy a.ramasamy at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 28 17:40:36 CET 2009

Your example is too complicated for me. But few points:

1) What do you mean by "instrument"? Do you mean variable?

2) diff(demand) is identical to demand[-1] - demand[-204]

3) system() is a built-in R function, so avoid using it as variable name

4) The variable "yd" is in the eqInvest formula and subsequently to the
system formula. The variable "y.1" is in the instruments formula. Both
formulas are passed onto systemfit() call. Thus I see no surprises here.

Try simplifying and rephrasing please if you want further help.

Regards, Adai