[R] if there is a package can do blast for gene in R?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Oct 27 15:33:11 CET 2009

It depends on what you mean by 'do blast'. If you are looking to align
sequences to a reference genome with possible gaps, then you should look
at (to start) the Biostrings package of Bioconductor. There are other
alignment tools, depending on what exactly you want to do.

If you are simply looking for a tool that will allow you to upload
sequences to the blast server and retrieve the results, then I don't
know if such a thing exists.

echo_july wrote:
> hello
>    if there is a package can do blast in R?
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician
Douglas Lab