[R] WAR file installation

Cedrick W. Johnson cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Tue Oct 27 06:08:19 CET 2009

WAR files are strictly in the J2EE realm, not something related to R.

You have to install your choice of app server and write java code that
either uses something similar to RServe or fancy footwork using the
underlying system commands to interact with R.

I don't have the link off the top of my head/home computer, but someone
did write an R / Web interface (using J2EE/Struts). Perhaps someone else
on the list can help?

rgds,
cedrick

--

=============================
*Cedrick W. Johnson*

Madan Mohan wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> Currently i am using R-2.9.1. I am new to R and i am in learning stage.
> Can any one tell me whether R allows WAR file installation?
> Other concerns i have are:
> 1. Does R allows WAR file installation?
> 2. Does R has a web server or application server concept?
> 3. Can we create login credentials in R?
>
> Kindly clarify these things...
>
> Regards,
> Madana

**