[R] News on R "s largest corporate partner REVolution Computingand SPSS CEO:

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 21 21:53:07 CEST 2009

On 22/10/2009, at 8:37 AM, Barry Rowlingson wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM, Charles Annis, P.E.
> <Charles.Annis at statisticalengineering.com> wrote:
>> David:
>>
>> Do you mean "inappropriate" or "embarrassing?"
>>
>> How would we R-ians know what has happened at REVolution were it
>> not for
>> Ajay's note?  Were you planning a press release?  Something like,
>> "47% of
>> Revolution summarily fired.  Nobody left with more than a year of
>> experience...?"
>
>  Ajay's "note" was a verbatim cut n paste from Danese Cooper's blog,
> with no comment, editorial, opinion, or anything. Although Danese may
> well be an open-source evangelist, that doesn't mean her blog is
> public domain. This was essentially MLP[1] which I don't think we want
> on the R-help list. Anyone who cares about REvolution will already be
> following the relevant blogs, reading the New York Times, and the
> words of the prophet that were written on the subway walls.

	Well I don't know how much I ***care*** about REvolution,
	but I'm at least vaguely interested.  And I was toadally
	unaware of what was going on until I read Ajay's post.
	(I don't read the New York Times, or blogs, or subway walls.)
	So from my pov Ajay did the community a service.

> Oops I went all Simon and Garfunkel there.
>
>  If people want to add value to relevant blog posts onto R-news by
> commenting and inviting discussion then that's fine by me. But no more
> cut n paste jobs.
>
> Barry
>
> [1] Mindless Link Propogation - when someone just emails "Hey guyz
> look at this : http://example.com/lulz"

	Hey Baz; sometimes things just speak for themselves.  No
	commentary is necessary.

			cheers,

				Rolf