[R] Pausing R

Anders Carlsson anders.carlsson at immun.lth.se
Mon Oct 19 13:45:31 CEST 2009

Hello,
I’m currently running a script that takes several days to complete, and
have therefore chosen to start two instances of R, each doing half the
work (since I have a two-processor machine). The problem is that this
renders my computer worthless to do other work on. So - is it possible
to pause one of the running R instances to do other things for a while,
and then starting it again without losing anything?

TL;DR I want to know if it is possible to pause a running script.

Thanks!

Anders