[R] When modeling with negbin from the aod package...

alexander russell ssv736 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 06:25:58 CEST 2009

Hi,
When modeling with negbin from the aod package, parameters for a given count

y | lambda~Poisson(lambda)

with lambda following a Gamma distribution Gamma(r, theta)

are estimated.
The intercept is called phi.
Some other parameters may be also be estimated from factors in the
data: the estimates returned for all these would be in accordance with
the Value listing in the negbin entry in the aod reference pdf, that
is, they are objects "of formal class "glimML"", that is they are
maximum likelihood estimates. Would someone tell me if I'm correct?
regards,
shfets