[R] Adding additional X-axis data to charts, e.g. N values

spidermonkeydp gbaboons at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:06:28 CEST 2009

Hello All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add an additional X-axis data to a
chart?

For example, if I have plotted a bar chart of mean height on the Y-axis and
have male and female on the X-axis. I want to add automatically the number
of samples (N) for males and number of samples for females under their
respective labels on the X-axis. I could do this manually using Power Point
or equivalent software, but was wondering if there were any way of doing
this automatically.

I have tried in SPSS, Sigma-plot, Excel and cannot see a way of doing this.
Can R provide me with this function?

Thank you for any advice, even if you know of another package that may be
capable of this.

Best,

D.