[R] appending to a file with R CMD batch and chron

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 04:44:14 CEST 2009

I am sure that there is a much easier way of doing this, but this is
what I have figured out so far.  I would like to run a script that
downloads USGS data and parses it, and run this with as a cron process
every night at x o'clock and append the output to a file.

Can I run it like the following:

1 24 * * * R CMD batch foo.r >> foo.txt

or is there a better way?

--
Stephen Sefick

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

								-K. Mullis