[R] About finding NA values sources

Paul Murrell p.murrell at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Oct 11 21:44:59 CEST 2009

Hi

Are you one of my 380 students?  If so, please contact me directly about
any difficulties you are having with assignment work.  Sending questions
via R-help like this is inefficient because there is a chance that I
might not spot it.

At the very least, you should declare to all of the kind volunteers on
this list that your question relates to coursework.

Paul

p.s.  that also applies to the question you asked about lattice last week!

Rene wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> In R, is there a way (or a function) I can quickly check whether all the NA
> values in one new created numerical variable happened are because of
> or something else in the original dataset? And how can we easily group these
> NAs separately based on different  reason (e.g. some NA are because of
>   ,  some are because of there are extra text inside, etc).
>
> Thanks heaps.
>
> Rene.
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr Paul Murrell