[R] packages to download from yahoo finance

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Oct 10 21:44:08 CEST 2009

On 10 October 2009 at 14:39, dinesh.somani at gatech.edu wrote:
| Hi
|
| I am a new R user, so if this question has been raised and answered before, perhaps you can point me that way.
|
| I was looking for some package/scripts that can download financial data from yahoo finance (or some other) website. I did check http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ but failed to find something like this. However, I am confident this problem has already been solved!

Yes, several times. Please see the Task View for (Empirical) Finance at
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Finance.html for some leads.

It really shouldn't be too hard to answer this question, and you will need to
get into the habit of finding answers to common problems using the available
resources.

Lastly, consider subscribing to r-sig-finance which is more topical that r-help.

Dirk