[R] Problems With RODBC, sqlQuery

JoK LoQ jokloq at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 21:50:47 CEST 2009

Hello,

Im trying to get a Oracle database to R, but I'm having problems with most
of SQL sintax. Suppose that Im trying to bring a table "TABLE" with columns
"COL1","COL2",.. from schema "SCHEMA". What am I doing wrong?

library(RODBC)
channel<-odbcConnect("xxx",uid="xxx",pwd="xxx")
sqlQuery(channel, "select * from SCHEMA.TABLE")
[it works fine]
sqlQuery(channel, "select * from SCHEMA.TABLE where COL1>10")
[returns
[""[RODBC] ERROR: Could not SQLExecDirect"
[" (...) :invalid table name"]

Oracle 9i