[R] choose.files limit?

Gunnar W. Schade schade at ariel.met.tamu.edu
Wed Oct 7 16:53:10 CEST 2009

Howdy,

When I use the choose.files command to read files a large number of file
names to a character vector inside a function, used to access these files
one after the other, there appears to be a limit. I do not know whether it
is arbitrary, but in this case the limit was 991 files. The file names are
long. Does that matter? The error message that appears says that it cannot
find file #992 (giving the file name), although it is certainly there (I
tried changing which file is #992 and it did not matter).

Suggestions?

- Gunnar

Dr. Gunnar W. Schade
Assistant Professor