[R] communication of R Programs

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Wed Oct 7 14:42:38 CEST 2009

wesley mathew wrote:

> I have one R program for writing data in XML File.
> suppose I can execute same program in different R section for writing
> different XML files but another R program need to read these data after i
> wrote in XML file.

It is a bit unclear for me what you mean with "'R section", but the simplest
way out would be to generate a shell batch file to run one program

(Under windows)

rterm.exe --no-save < writexml.r
rterm.exe --no-save < thereport.r

If you need to pass parameters to the report writer, you could use

Sys.setenv
Sys.getenv

Dieter