[R] 'persp' query

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Wed Oct 7 09:47:14 CEST 2009

Certainly, you will want to set zlab="".
mtext() is quite flexible; you can control distance to the
axis with line=1.5, say. But remember that mtext()
is a 2-dim graphics function - it looks at your plot as
a 2-d plot. That's why I made the comment about your
z-axis having to be fairly close to vertical on the page.
Try the first example in ?persp and follow the call with
mtext("my z label", side=2). Because of the tilt of
the z-axis, this looks a bit strange (to me).

  -Peter Ehlers