[R] Unable to load 'doBy' package

cls59 chuck at sharpsteen.net
Tue Oct 6 23:28:04 CEST 2009

Lauren Szathmary wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to load the doBy package, and I am getting the following
> error:
>
>> library(doBy)
> Error in loadNamespace(i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths())) :
>   there is no package called 'Hmisc'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'doBy'

This error message means that doBy depends on the Hmisc package, which is
not installed. To ensure that a package is installed along with it's
dependencies, install packages using the dependencies = T option:

  install.packages('doBy', dependencies = T )

Hope this helps!

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen