[R] Is there a recent book on Q-Q plot and data visualization in general?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:40:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

I want to look for some detailed explanation on the properties of Q-Q
plot and how the properties are derived.

In R, there is the following reference.
Becker, R. A., Chambers, J. M. and Wilks, A. R. (1988) The New S
Language. Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole.

Somebody also mentioned the following book chapter to me.
Chambers et al., Graphical methods for Data Analysis, Ch.6.

But both books are old. I'm wondering if there is any more recent
(therefore, maybe better) books for Q-Q plot, and data visualization
in general.

Regards,
Peng