[R] (windows xp) start script on startup / double clicking on the script

Martin Batholdy batholdy at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 01:12:45 CEST 2009

hi,

I am still trying to figure out how it is possible to start an R-
script via the R-GUI directly by double-clicking on the script file in
windows xp.
On Mac OS I have the option "start script in the editor" in the
preferences.

But on windows XP I always get the "ARGUMENT  'c:\...\...'
___ignored___" error when I try to associate the .R extension with the
R program file.

My problem is that I don't have the possibility to install any other
programs.
And the people using the script don't know R.
So its really important to find a way to start a script just by double
clicking on the file.

Now I was wondering if it is possible to make a shortcut of the R
script and change the start options.
I am not familiar with windows - does someone know if that is a
possible way to get R code to the R console (in the R gui) on startup?

Or any other clues / tips?

thanks for any help!