[R] How to read plain text documents into a vector?

Richard Liu richard.liu at pueo-owl.ch
Tue Oct 13 08:30:02 CEST 2009

I'm new to R.  I'm working with the text mining package tm.  I have several
plain text documents in a directory, and I would like to read all the files
with extension .txt in that directory into a vector, one text document per
vector element.  That is, v[1] would be the first document, v[2] the second,
etc.

I know how to read the documents into a tm Corpus, but that's not what I
want to do.  I would think that this kind of operation should be elementary
and the first step in any text mining.

Thanks,
Richard