[R] How do I run to or more R consoles on Mac OS X?

Ken Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Mon Nov 30 09:01:11 CET 2009

chronos.phenomena <chronos.phenomena <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This is really annoying me... when I click R application icon it brings
> already opened session in the focus and it DOESN'T open new session....
>
> any ideas?

In Leopard from a terminal, you can try

open -n /Applications/R.app

to open as many copies of the app as you like.  Be careful though,
because these inherit environment variables from the terminal
session, not necessarily the same as those when running the
app from the Finder.  I was bitten by that the first time I
tried this.

Ken

--
Ken Knoblauch