[R] Orphaned R Packages (maybe this is too inside baseball?)

Jason Rupert jasonkrupert at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 22:33:24 CET 2009

Dear Uwe,

Thank you very much for your response.

Maybe I should take the follow-up discussion about the open license issues off line, as I have do not have a great deal of experience with such things, especially with regards to the desired licenses for R packages and the existing license for the R "signal" package or the original license of the package from which it was ported.

Also, I suppose I should mention that I attempted to contacted the person listed as the Author, Tom Short (tshort at eprisolutions.com), of the package, but I received the automated message stated below when I attempted to contact him:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.

Also, I believe the listed maintainer's company (http://www.eprisolutions.com/) or at least there website is also defunct.

I am in the process of porting Octave's "control" package over to R, so the Bode functionality is available (no timeline for completion at this point, but hopefully before the New Year - ha!).  It appears that the "control" package when it was part of Octave was using some of the functionality within the "signal" package, so the R "control" package would have a similar dependency.

Thank you again for your response to this inquiry, as I hope it may help with this package and hopefully others that are "orphaned".  I also look to any further insights regarding concerns about the open license issues (handled either on-list or off-list).

Thanks again and take care,
Jason

jasonkrupert at yahoo.com