[R] R on Large Data Sets (again)

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at verizon.net
Sun Nov 29 06:50:09 CET 2009

Windows 64-bit can certainly handle large memory spaces, but unless something has changed recently it my understanding Revolution Computing's 64-bit is the only 64-bit version of R available for Windows (due to the unavailability of adequate open source compilers for 64-bit Windows).  So 64-bit R will need to be Revolution's solution or a non-Windows platform.

Hope this is helpful,

Dan

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA USA