[R] problem tick marker and text

Duijvesteijn, Naomi Naomi.Duijvesteijn at ipg.nl
Fri Nov 27 16:01:00 CET 2009

   Hi R-ers,

   I am struggling with my x-axis in a association plot. What I would like is
   to place the labels of the x-axis between the tick markers and normally the
   labels are printed at the place where the tick marker is placed. I don’t
   want to move the tick marker (it gives the switch between one chromosome and
   the next) but I just want to put the chromosome number in between the two
   tick markers.

   This example from mhtplot has the chromosome number at the place of the
   tickmarker. How can I change this to ‘in between’?

   Thanks!,

   Naomi

# fake example with Affy500k data
affy <-c(40220, 41400, 33801, 32334, 32056, 31470, 25835, 27457, 22864, 28501,
26273,
         24954, 19188, 15721, 14356, 15309, 11281, 14881, 6399, 12400, 7125, 62
07)
CM <- cumsum(affy)
n.markers <- sum(affy)
n.chr <- length(affy)
test <- data.frame(chr=rep(1:n.chr,affy),pos=1:n.markers,p=runif(n.markers))

oldpar <- par()
par(las="1",cex=0.6)
colors <- rep(c("blue","green"),11)
par(cex.axis=1.3)
mhtplot(test,usepos=TRUE,colors=colors,gap=10000,pch=19,bg=colors)
box()
par(oldpar)

   Disclaimer:  De  informatie opgenomen in dit bericht (en bijlagen) kan
   vertrouwelijk zijn en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n).
   Indien u dit bericht ten onrechte ontvangt, wordt u geacht de inhoud niet te
   gebruiken, de afzender direct te informeren en het bericht te vernietigen.
   Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten of plichten worden ontleend.

   Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be confidential
   and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you receive this
   message unintentionally, you are expected not to use the contents herein, to
   notify the sender immediately and to destroy the message. No rights can be
   derived from this message.