[R] Method

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 06:13:16 CET 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 3:21 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2009, at 1:44 PM, yonosoyelmejor wrote:
>

>> I use length(myVector),but when i want to use for example
>> exp(x.reconstruida[length(myVector)+1:length(myVector)+9]), I need
>> that
>> function returns the number of last element,would then:
>>
>> if the last position of my vector is 1440
>>
>> exp(x.reconstruida[1440+1:1440+9]

== 1450:(1449+1440)

> So that should give you (assuming that you close the expression) a
> vector of values, "e" raised to a vector from elements 1441 to 1449,
> if such elements have already been defined and are numeric.

Just for the archives and the other newbies like me:  Bill Dunlap's
advice makes it clear that (not of the first time) I had forgotten
that ":" has higher precedence than "+".  My other advice today (which
was aided by having a workable example) where I did advise that x:(x
+5) was the correct formulation, would also apply here.

?Syntax

--

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories