[R] From R to LaTeX to pdf?

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Tue Nov 24 18:24:52 CET 2009

I am sure you are right.  I myself have not looked at the LaTeX function
in Hmisc, that really sounds interesting, and thank you.  On the other
hand I had the impression (which may be wrong) that the original
question was posed by someone with not too much experience.  If that is
the case the suggestion to combine custom functions in R with Sweave
might be overwhelming at the very least.  My alternative was definitely
much less elegant, but would work for someone with less experience.

I use R in my courses, but allow my students to use other packages.  I
am nevertheless always surprised at how many prefer R.  In any case, I
tell students how to transfer results from any statistical program into
MS Word which most prefer.  Since my field is psychology, the important
standard is APA, which is quite complicated. In that situation, you
really have to transfer things via a spreadsheet.  You would be stupid
not to, especially in respect to SPSS.

Tom