[R] Interactions in 'MatchBalance' of the package 'Matching'

anna0102 kleines911 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 08:43:33 CET 2009

Hello together,
In the package 'Matching' there ist a possibility to determine balance
statistics after Matching with the function 'MatchBalance'.
In this function there has a formula 'formul' to be given.
I'm wondering how I can implement all two-way interactions, without
specifying them explicitly. For example in logistic regression you can write
y ~ (x1 + x2 + x3 + x4 + x5 + ...)^2 and R includes all two-way
interactions. Is there such a possibility in 'MatchBalance', too?
(Unfortunately, with the notation of logistic regression it doesn't work and
I can't find an alternative in the help).

Thank you very much in advance!
Anna