[R] question about how to generate an orthogonal matrix with a known vector

Ted Zhang zhengly at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 05:05:34 CET 2009

Hi,

Sorry that this question may not be related to R directly...but I am trying
to find a nxn orthogonal matrix that can minimize my objective function and
I know values for one of the n columns.  I should only need n(n-1)/2 - (n-1)
independent parameters to represent this orthogonal matrix.  Any good way to
parameterize the matrix?  I really appreciate your help here.

Ted