[R] Do you keep an archive of "useful" R code? and if so - how?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Sun Nov 22 18:13:23 CET 2009

On Nov 22, 2009, at 10:53 AM, Tal Galili wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> When using R for some time, one comes across more and more useful
> functions.
> But naturally we can't remember all of them, so I imagine some of
> you save
> these snippets of code.
> My question to you is how do you manage that code?
> Do you use special software, or archiving system?
>
> Any advice is welcomed.
>
> Tal

One word:  Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org/)

A version control system is a critical part of any code management
process.

If you or other users may not be comfortable at the command line using
it, there are a plethora of GUI based clients for Subversion available
depending upon the operating systems you are using.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz