[R] "Over-coloring" facets on persp() plot

Marc Chiarini (Tufts) marc.chiarini at tufts.edu
Sun Nov 22 07:07:34 CET 2009

Dear R Community:

Recently, I have managed to plot some really useful graphs of my
research data using persp().  I have even figured out how to overplot
rectangular regions (corresponding to submatrices) with a different
color.  This is accomplished by using par(new=T).  I am now searching
for a way to "highlight" a set of (possibly non-contiguous) facets with
a specific color, e.g., the facet between each set of four points whose
values are all above a certain threshold.  An example would be coloring
the raised corners of the classic sombrero (found in example(persp))
differently from the rest of the sombrero.  I feel like the last example
in persp() is pointing me in the right direction, but I'm not quite
getting it.  Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Marc