[R] Calculating the percentage of explained deviance in lmer

willow1980 jianghua.liu at shef.ac.uk
Sat Nov 21 14:06:31 CET 2009

Hi, Fabio,
I only have an idea on how to calculate deviance explained by the fixed
effects. If you remove fixed effects and introduce one null model such as
m2<-lmer(response-var ~ 1+(1|Site/Area/Transect),family="binomial"). Then,
(deviance(m2)-deviance(m1))/deviance(m2) will represent deviance explained
by fixed effects in m1. Hope this makes some sense.
Best regards,
Jianghua